When it comes to secrets in relationships knowing how to prevent being blindsided by a secret and being aware of the warning signs can make a difference in your relationship. Do know, you are not alone if you have discovered your spouse, or the person you are in a committed relationship with – has had a secret that you knew nothing about and now you do. Not everyone is informed about prevention and warning signs. Examples of secret keeping topics include but are not limited to: an affair, drugs, gambling, separate financial account. This week during a live interview direct from my base of Massachusetts, I was interviewed on Tommy Tucker’s Show: WWL AM/FM radio (based in New Orleans) about this very topic.
Click for listening to this interview on demand and learn: Secrets and Relationships – Prevention and Warning Signs
- 3 ways of preventing being blindsided by a secret from your spouse/significant other
- 7 signs your spouse/significant other may be hiding something
Summary Of Talking Points:
- Live with your eyes wide open.
- Have an open communicative relationship speaking with your spouse not at your spouse. In this way your spouse will feel he/she can come to you rather than disconnect and connect with another.
- Be an active participant in and be a part of your spouse’s life journey.
- Change in behavior
- Lies about little things
- Individual focus only, lacking in interest in spending time with you as a couple
- Externalizer and a non-ownershipster vs. an ownershipster