Dr. Karen Ruskin, Psychotherapist
Marriage & Family Therapist
Dr. Karen IS The Relationship Expert.
Past clients and current clients often refer to Dr. Karen as: The Marriage Saver, Parenting Strategist, and Human Behavior Expert. Dr. Karen is ‘The Voice Of Reason’ with her cutting edge analysis and insight on any and all timely topics providing real solutions and practical tips for real life challenges. Dr. Karen is a sought after educator locally, nationally, and internationally for all topics related to relationships (marriage, dating, family relationship dynamic issues, parent-child relationship issues . . . ), and overall personal, relational, familial, and professional mental health and wellness. Dr. Karen’s greatest passion and goal is to help people to help themselves live a life of happiness and mental health.
Dr. Karen reports that whether it is the relationship one has with:
- one’s own mental health and wellness
- one’s mate
- one’s children
- one’s family/extended family
- one’s professional world (boss, colleagues, career)
. . . each and all relationships one must take ownership of one’s own actions and take action, in a mindful way to experience all around health.
Whether Dr. Karen is meeting with clients in her private practice office, educating those who attend her acclaimed marital and parenting workshops, providing consultation to fellow psychotherapists, sharing her insight on air (TV, radio), educating through print via her published books or other print media with national/international circulation, or providing her practical tips for companies in crisis – she provides insight/cutting edge do-able solutions people want/need for relationship based, human behavior, and mental health/wellness issues.
Approach: Dr. Karen is direct. She tells you like it is with compassion, passion, professionalism, and humor. She is solution-focused and offers concrete do-able strategies for marital, personal, professional, and family enhancement and problem resolution that can begin today with observable results as reported time and time again. Dr. Karen is known as a straight shooter.
Dr. Karen provides practical advice, ‘real’ and ‘do-able’ strategies for ‘real’ people.
Associates * Private Practice: Dr. Karen is the founder, owner, and president of: Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates, Inc., Sharon, Massachusetts. She selects associates who have the skill and desire to help clients to help themselves get to a better place. Dr. Karen and her professional team of therapists each have a particular expertise and specialties utilizing their own therapeutic style offering clients concrete help for their individual, couple, and/or family’s health care needs on their journey to live a life of mental wellness. This private practice specializes in relationship issues including but not limited to: the marital relationship, the parent-child relationship, social relationships, family/extended family relationships, business relationships, the child-school relationship, and the relationship we have with our individual self with regards to our mental health and our personal and professional life journey.
The philosophy and mission of Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates, Inc., is to provide quality care and ‘help our clients to help themselves get to a better place’.
Credentials: Karen Ruskin, PsyD., LMFT. This mental health professional holds her Doctorate in Psychology, Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy, and Bachelor’s in Psychology. Provides counseling services as a Psychotherapist, specifically she is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Counseling couples, individuals (adults, children), and families since 1993. Clinical Fellow: American Association For Marriage & Family Therapy.
Media: Dr. Karen Ruskin is known nationally and internationally as a cutting edge tell-it-like-it-is passionate and compassionate on air mental health guest expert. This wellness educator states that “the media offers a forum in which the lives of so many can be touched.”
- National/Internationally Renowned Expert: Dr. Ruskin often appears as a media guest expert providing her unique perspective from a psychotherapeutic solution focused angle with her expertise in understanding human behavior on national television whether she’s talking about relationships, parenting, marriage, celebrities, politicians, sports, the latest research studies, crime, and any and all hot topics in the news. Networks she has appeared on include: Fox News Channel and FOX Business Network, shows including; The O’Reilly Factor, Your World With Neil Cavuto, Hannity, Happening Now, The Real Story With Gretchen Carlson, FOX & Friends, FOX & Friends First, America Live With Megyn Kelly, America’s News HQ, America’s Newsroom, The Willis Report, John Stossel, and more. Dr. Ruskin has also appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Comedy Central’s The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Wall Street Journal LIVE, Discovery Network’s Destination America (‘Hidden In America’), Lifetime (‘Extreme Moms’), MTV (‘Virgin Territory’, ‘True Life: Save My Teen Marriage’), Sun News Network ‘The Source’, The Steve Harvey TV Talk Show, ARD German TV, Ivanhoe Broadcast News Smart Woman Series, Huff Post Live, The Bill Cunningham Show, ShareCare, and more . . .Dr. Ruskin is the first and only to date Psychotherapist – Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist to star in a political documentary movie.
- Local Celebrity: Dr. Karen is a local celebrity in Massachusetts and the New England area known for her popular regular segment ‘Ask Dr. Karen’ that used to appear on FOX 25 News Boston as their first and only regular mental health and wellness question and answer segment, where viewers submitted their relationship, marriage and parenting questions and Dr. Karen answered them on air. Additionally, Dr. Karen has been called upon for her insights on a wide range of timely topics in the news appearing on FOX 25 News Boston, ABC News Boston, NBC News Boston, and New England Cable News (NECN). Producer and host of: The Dr. Karen Show, Cable Community TV talk show, Sharon, MA where she provides relationship, marriage, parenting and overall life enhancing advice and also hosts interviews and panel discussions.
- Radio: Dr. Karen is often sought out for her mental health and wellness insights, relationship and parenting expertise on the radio; Geraldo Rivera, The Andrea Tantaros Show, FOX News Radio, SiriusXM including Leiberman LIVE on the Howard Stern channel, WRKO-AM The Kuhner Report, The Palin Update, The Pat Campbell Show, Wellness For The Real World with host Dr. Veronica Anderson, It’s Your Health Radio, CKNW, WWL- AM/FM, NPR, 96.9 Boston Talks, and more.
- Print: Dr. Karen is a valued source and often interviewed for and quoted in various magazines, newspapers, and online publications including; WebMD, FOX Business, FOX News Magazine, CNN.com, U.S. News & World Report, Men’s Health, Woman’s Day, Women’s Health, The Wall Street Journal, HomeAdvisor, Working Mother Magazine, American City Business Journal – Bizwomen, Shape Magazine, The Daily Beast, The Patriot Ledger, A Plus, The Kewl Shop, Sydney Morning Herald, Politichicks.com, Star Magazine, OK Magazine, Yahoo.com, Shine.Yahoo.com, USA Today, Care.com, Good Housekeeping, TIME, abcnews.com, The Boston Globe, Boston Herald, Boston Magazine, Parents Magazine, Baby Talk, Med Help, Life & Style Magazine, In Touch Magazine, Hollywood Life Magazine, Stylecaster.com, Deseret News National Edition, Destination Weddings, The Costco Connection, The Straits Times, and more . . . Her history includes being a columnist for Pediatrics for Parents, a pediatric journal. Her column: “Dr. Karen Explains”. Dr. Karen provided advisement for TrintMe in it’s early stage of development, as well as a featured expert for Parenting Book Mark and relationship expert for Advice For Life. You are invited to check out some of Dr. Karen’s print media contributions.
Author: Dr. Karen is the author of the parenting book: The 9 Key Techniques For Raising Respectful Children Who Make Responsible Choices, the must read marriage book: Dr. Karen’s Marriage Manual, and her newest release: 10 Seconds To Mental Health.
Speaker: As a known leader in the industry, Dr. Karen is a practitioner of: Psychotherapy/Marriage and Family Therapy, and the very first Keynote Speaker for the American Association For Marriage And Family Therapy’s leadership symposium. Since the early 90’s, Dr. Karen is considered a valued public speaker. This renowned mental health professional has spoken nationally providing marital, parenting, and professional motivational and therapeutic how-to seminars and workshops which helps people to help themselves to make healthy shifts in their lives. Additionally, she has provided Critical Incident Stress Debriefings for several companies of which she tailor makes based upon the crisis the employees within these business environments have experienced. She has spoken in a variety of contexts, and tailor-makes her speeches per topics desired per inquiry including for the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy state affiliates, churches, synagogues, businesses, schools (parents, teachers), college students, and more. Dr. Karen has also provided workshops for mental health care professionals some of which include: Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Social Workers, . . . Dr. Karen is a sought after speaker and personally evaluates all inquiries.
Blog: Dr. Karen created a blog where she posts informative and intriguing tips, articles, and opinions about timely news stories, hot topics, marriage, parenting, relationships, human behavior, mental health and wellness insights, and additional subjects of wide interest. She is considered one of the top relationship expert bloggers. Readers comments are welcome. Visit Dr. Karen’s Blog
Dr. Karen’s Specialties Include:
- Marital/Couple Relationship (e.g., reconciliation, communication, infidelity, intimacy enhancement . . .)
- Family Relationship Dynamic Issues (nuclear, extended, blended)
- Clientele in the Public Eye Requesting Concierge Style Care (professional athletes, celebrities, medical experts, musicians, . . . )
- Short-Term Brief Solution Focused Consultation (3-5 Session Model, Intensive In & Out Treatment or Paced With Follow-Ups)
- Mental Health/Wellness
- Personal/Professional Growth & Success
- Consultation for Mental Health Care Professionals
- Cutting Edge and Unique Analysis of Today’s Hot Topics
- Human Behavior
Dr. Karen’s Sub-specialties Include:
- Women’s Issues
- Men’s Issues
- Healthy Coping
- Emotional/Anger Management
- Life Transition/Adjustment Related Issues