Your privacy and your understanding of what this site can and cannot do for you is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy/Terms of Service Agreement in order for you to understand how we respond to inquires, collect, use, communicate, disclose and make use of personal information. The following outlines as such.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We are committed to conducting our business in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- Your choice to disclose your name when commenting on the blog site is your choice and therefore your name is no longer protected once it is disclosed. Your comments and your name once submitted to the blog may or may not be displayed, that is up to Dr. Karen’s discretion. Once displayed for the public your name and content is no longer protected. Dr. Karen reserves the right to control the content that appears on her website. Therefore she reserves the right to edit any and all comments.
- If you are feeling suicidal, homicidal, if this is a situation of domestic violence, if you fear your life or another’s life is in jeopardy, if there’s the possibility of or actual child abuse or elder abuse, please contact 911 and/or get yourself transported safely to the nearest emergency room as this site, the blog, Dr. Karen Ruskin, and Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates is not a crisis hotline, is not a crisis center, and as such does not evaluate crisis of any and all matters mentioned above nor limited to. We cannot guarantee nor provide for immediate response. Inquiries, comments, questions are not viewed 24/7 and as such we cannot guarantee viewing of any and all inquiries, submissions, comments or questions.
- Dr. Karen Ruskin nor is Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates responsible to contact nor respond to any inquiry, submission, comment or question via the blog nor any form of contact query. Dr. Karen Ruskin with intention will do her best to respond within 24-48 hours to inquires that clearly specify intent to become a new client or previous client when clearly documenting that specific request by asking to schedule an appointment with the section to state purpose of inquiry via the ‘client contact page’. This is not a guarantee for review of nor response to, and Dr. Karen Ruskin and/or Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates is not held responsible for the lack of response, as this is not a crisis center. If you are in need of an immediate response, if this is a crisis, if you are feeling suicidal, homicidal, if this is a situation of domestic violence, if you fear for your life or another’s life is in jeopardy, if there’s the possibility of or actual child abuse or elder abuse, the advisement is to please contact 911 and/or get yourself transported safely to the nearest emergency room. This is understood and agreed upon.
- Any comments made on the blog, or inquires sent via email or any and all possible forms of contact including the client-contact page, please note that does not establish a therapist-client relationship. Do not assume your comment, question or inquiry will be read or responded to.
- This site nor does Dr. Karen Ruskin nor Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates evaluate the mental status of it’s submissions, inquiries, questions, or comments. If your question or comment is of an urgent matter, if you require a timely response, please contact your local crisis center or call 911. This site is not a substitute for counseling. If you are interested in scheduling a counseling appointment and your circumstance allows for a 24-48 hour wait time for a response, and you are not in crisis, you are invited to go through the ‘client contact page’ and follow the instructions to become a potential client.
- If you submit a comment or any form of inquiry or question on Dr. Karen’s blog, you agree and understand that it is now public domain and therefore you agree not to hold responsible Dr. Karen Ruskin, and/or Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates for anything that may occur in connection to the actions that you have taken. You understand it is your own free will to document on Dr. Karen’s blog or document any statement, comment, question or inquiry on any part of this site and as such any actions, statements or occurrences that happen in connection to the actions you have taken neither Dr. Karen Ruskin nor Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates takes responsibility for and you agree not to hold Dr. Karen Ruskin nor Dr. Karen Ruskin & Associates liable or responsible in any way.